Dan Norris is a serial entrepreneur from Gold Coast, Australia. He is an award winning content marketer, international speaker and the author of the bestselling books The 7 Day Startup and Content Machine. After failing at several entrepreneurial ventures, Dan started WP Curve in 2013. The company provides WordPress support to over 2000 clients by managing a team of over 40 developers from across the globe.
“I started WP Curve 2 years ago with just me, my phone and a developer in the Philippines.” – Dan Norris
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- What were the mistakes Dan learnt from his first venture (a web agency)?
- How he started WP Curve by doing everything himself, before starting to outsource?
- How to structure a business for growth?
- How to differentiate your service in a gigantic market?
- How does Dan hire developers for WP Curve?
- How do startups keep their costs low?
- How to manage a huge remote team using technology?
- How to market your business without spending on advertising?
- How to create content that people care about?
You can enjoy a 10% discount on all the services of Publish My Book Today by entering the special coupon code HOME. Do check it out!
RESOURCES & TIPS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Chris Ducker’s online community: Youpreneur
Favorite Online Resource: This Week in Startups Podcast
Favorite Book: Elon Musk
Favorite Destressing Method : Surfing on the Beach, Eating out, Hanging out with Kids
Favorite Productivity Tip : Get good at delegating and start writing processes.
Dan’s Beer Brewing company: Black Hops
Find out more about Dan at http://dannorris.me/
FREE BONUS FROM THE GUEST!
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Thanks a ton for listening to the Home Entrepreneur Show! I feel honored every time some one tunes into my show. Can I take the liberty of asking you these 3 favors?
1. Share this episode: If you like the content of this show, please share it with your friends by clicking on one of the social media buttons on the podcast player or below this post.
2. Review this show: The reviews on iTunes determine the credibility and popularity of the show. I therefore request you to spend a minute to review this show on iTunes by clicking on this link.
3. Subscribe to the show: If you have received some value out of this show and do not want to miss any of our episodes, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on iTunes by clicking here.