Lise Cartwright is an Amazon bestselling author who has written over 20 books. She started working as a freelance writer on Odesk a few years back so that she could earn enough to quit her job in an admin role. After becoming a successful content writer, Lise ventured into writing her own books under different genres. The passive income she is generating has given her the freedom to lead a location independent life, travelling around the world. Lise now coaches aspiring authors and has also co-founded a portal called Author Basics.
“You can’t scale your side business if you are working a full-time job. You have to make that decision.” – Lise Cartwright
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Lise had the wake up call to become location independent?
- When is the right time to quit your full-time job?
- How to build an impressive portfolio on freelancing websites?
- Pro tips to rank well as a freelancer on Odesk.
- What type of clients to target and how to attract high-paying projects?
- How to ensure you get paid properly as a freelancer?
- The 3 important things you should put inside your contract.
- How to choose profitable niches to write books inside Amazon?
You can enjoy a 10% discount on all the services of Publish My Book Today by entering the special coupon code HOME. Do check it out!
RESOURCES & TIPS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Location Rebel by Sean Ogle
Lise’s venture for authors: https://authorbasics.com/
Favorite Book: Four Hour Work week by Tim Ferriss
Favorite Productivity Tip: Waking up at 5.30 am
Favorite way to de-stress: Karaoke singing
Find out more about Lise at http://www.outsourcedfreelancingsuccess.com/
FREE BONUS FROM THE GUEST!
Get Lise’s Ebook “Side Hustle Blueprint” by Clicking HERE!
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Thanks a ton for listening to the Home Entrepreneur Show! I feel honored every time some one tunes into my show. Can I take the liberty of asking you these 3 favors?
1. Share this episode: If you like the content of this show, please share it with your friends by clicking on one of the social media buttons on the podcast player or below this post.
2. Review this show: The reviews on iTunes determine the credibility and popularity of the show. I therefore request you to spend a minute to review this show on iTunes by clicking on this link.
3. Subscribe to the show: If you have received some value out of this show and do not want to miss any of our episodes, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on iTunes by clicking here.