Morgan Gist MacDonald is a writing coach and editor of nonfiction writing and the founder of Paper Raven Books. She blogs about writing, motivation, and impacting the world with your words at paperravenbooks.com. She started her career in the field of sociology and later found her passion in editing books. In this episode we’ll find out more about how this mom of 3 kids transitioned from a sociology teacher to a home entrepreneur. Morgan also shares her story of how she positioned herself as a company rather than a freelancer.
“When you start feeling the stress and overwhelm, that’s probably because you are turned inward. But when you turn outward to help others with their problems, that’s where you feel the nudge from the Universe about where you should go next.” – Morgan Gist Macdonald
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Morgan balances her role as a mom and an entrepreneur?
- How did she discover her passion for writing and helping others with their writing?
- How to transition from a freelancer to a business owner?
- How to get your first set of clients when you quit your job?
- What was her biggest mistake as a freelancer?
- When is the right time to hire a team?
- Why using your name for your business is not a great idea?
- Why consistent branding plays an important role?
- How does life change after becoming an author?
You can enjoy a 10% discount on all the services of Publish My Book Today by entering the special coupon code HOME. Do check it out!
RESOURCES & TIPS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Morgan’s latest book: Start Writing Your Book Today
Favorite Online Resource: Marie Forleo’s B-School
Favorite Book: The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
Favorite Destressing Method : Taekwondo
Favorite Productivity Tip : Setting up a timer using Pomodoro technique
Find out more about Morgan at PaperRavenBooks.com and @MorganGMac on Periscope
FREE BONUS FROM THE GUEST!
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Thanks a ton for listening to the Home Entrepreneur Show! I feel honored every time some one tunes into my show. Can I take the liberty of asking you these 3 favors?
1. Share this episode: If you like the content of this show, please share it with your friends by clicking on one of the social media buttons on the podcast player or below this post.
2. Review this show: The reviews on iTunes determine the credibility and popularity of the show. I therefore request you to spend a minute to review this show on iTunes by clicking on this link.
3. Subscribe to the show: If you have received some value out of this show and do not want to miss any of our episodes, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on iTunes by clicking here.